Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Swiss Army Man:

 

Movie Review: Daniel Radcliffe and Paul Dano Star in 'Swiss Army Man,' a  Sweet, Flatulent Adventure - The Atlantic

    I was excited to watch this film because I have seen the director's work before. I loved Everything Everywhere All at Once, a film that the same directors created that I had previously seen. I thought I was prepared because I had seen a film from them before, but I was very wrong. This film caught me very off guard. The film makes me personally feel uncomfortable while watching, which was a first for me in any film that was interesting. But I definitely would not want to feel that ever again. The dead corpse character, Manny, in general was off-putting. I did not like any part of the character, from the way he looked to the way he spoke. And then he had magical power, and these were the most bizarre things. I also didn't connect well with the main character at all either. He seemed deceitful and sneaky. And in the end, we find out he was a stalker, which makes something in the film finally make sense. But then it makes it bizarre again. When Manny, the corpse, actually comes back to life by farting of all things. Which made sense for the film but still did not feel right.

    Overall, I could see how many might enjoy the film because it's so widely available. But I don't think I would recommend this film to anyone I know. It made me feel very uncomfortable throughout the film. But the one good thing about this film was that, even though I didn't like it, it was so bizarre that I want to see more of the director's films. I like that they are different, although I didn't like this, at least it was something I had never seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Iron Man:

       Iron Man, directed by Jon Favreau and released in 2008, successfully combines cinematic storytelling, cultural relevance, and brillia...